Friday, March 13, 2015

Inherit the Dead

I have read serial novels/ mysteries before and found them entertaining, but this one failed. This was an absolutely stellar cast of contributors including Dana Stabenow, Lawrence Block, C.J. Box, Charlaine Harris, etc. but it just fell flat. The authors, to their credit--and I am sure to the credit of the editor Jonathan Santlofer--did present a consistent storyline, effectively building on each previous chapter. And they also sustained a sense of suspense, so that I kept reading. But the characters never felt fully developed and the ending left me with more questions than answers--and not in a good way. There simply is not enough information provided about characters or their motivation to make the plot believable. Felt like a waste of my time.

No comments: