Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Highway

This novel by C.J. Box never got off the ground for me, even though friends and critical reviews have Open Season and Blue Heaven). I read 80+ page and then the final chapter (something I only do if I feel like I might not continue reading the book) and I stopped reading. Not only was it clear that very bad things were going to happen to women at the hands of a psychopathic long-haul truck driver, but he gets away with it in the end. I did not meet any characters in the first 80+ pages that I liked or even remotely identified with. That being said, I will go back and try a couple of the award winning books to see if these change my mind about this author.
been favorable and he has won several prestigious mystery awards for other novels (e.g.,

No comments: