Monday, April 21, 2008

I've moved and so...

...my reading has been on a bit of a hiatus. Whenever I get really stressed with too much too do--like pack and move my household from one state to another, or start a new job--it seems my reading takes a break. It shouldn't I know, but in some ways, it reaffirms for me that when I read, I exert more mental energy than when I watch TV. And I have a bit of catching up to do with books I need to review for various folks so that has to take some precedence over leisure reading. I did try reading Beautiful Children while involved in moving since my new job and abode are in Las Vegas. But it was quite grim, at least in the part I got to, so I had to take a break. However I'm still alive and kicking and will be back to it soon, especially since I read some intriguing book reviews and have already ordered a book through interlibrary loan :-)

1 comment:

Sara Jameson said...

I think somehow I got two comments here. Nice to find your blog updated. That will inspire me to update mine which is also overdue, but first, I'm going to walk into the Oregon rain (but at least it isn't the snow of Sunday) and read student papers. Does that count as reading? If they write on random subjects (sometimes) does that count as "random reading?" If they are under the age of 21, does that count as Young Adult reading? I do have a plan, though, to use Atlantic, Harper's, and New Yorker etc in my summer writing class, which will give me the perfect excuse to read all the articles I have set aside "to read later." Hope you now have more time to relax and enjoy books again!